Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

baseball, apple pie and chevrolet


Ok , this is just the baseball part, anybody else remember that commercial ?  I thought I would do a layout with Americas favorite pastime (not so sure, now it might be fb, ha)



This is my youngest. ,my baby, not so small anymore.  The ball field is his second home, many hours spent there.  I used Studio Calico stencil and sprayed Tim Holtz sailboat blue colorwash on it, love the vibrant contrast.  Then stenciled on some more with TCW chicken wire stencil, which to me looks like fence.  Then added the border and embellies, super simple , when I was making this I kept looking at thinking I need to add more stuff, it's too plain but I really liked the visual impact the clean and simple look made, so I left it.  Oh, and the red star that was my sons touch, I kept wanting to put a blue star there and he was insistant that the red was better, he won :)

Red, White and Blue is the challenge theme this month at Scrap It Girl.  Come on  get into the swing of things (bad of me huh?) and enter this month.  Make sure to check out the rules so you don't strike out (shame on me). You might just end up being the Allstar (I can't stop) for the month of July and hit a home run (ok I'll stop) by taking home this prize. 
 
julyprize

Some other challenges you may be interested in checking out.
Now if you head on over to Brown Sugar Challenge the theme there is boy/man.
At Charisma Cardz you can enter anything as long as you follow the challenge of 3,2,1.  My 3,2,1 is 3 baseballs, 2 stencils and 1 spray mist.
There's a masculine challenge going on over at Come and Get It.
If you use a mask or masking technique you can enter over at My Time To Craft challenge.
Captured memories is the theme at Our Creative Corner , you must use a picture.
Simon Says is having a Anything Goes challenge.
and Simon Says Stamp and Show is also anything goes
If you use the colors in your flag you can enter a project at Simply Create Too.

13 comments:

  1. Great masculine project. Love the layout. Thank you for joining us at Come and get It this week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent page. Great background ! I like the sentiment with the flag. Beautiful composition. Bravo ! It's perfect !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout, love it!

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this fortnight, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great baseball page! My little girls are on a softball team that goes into the summer months so I understand the "second home" being the field. Thanks for the links to some other challenges. Can't wait to get started on my R,W,and B page! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from Our Creative Corner - great layout. SO nice to have pictoral memories of loved ones :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous layout, I love how you picked up the blue of the shirt in the beautiful background. A real eyecatcher! Thanks for joining in at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm right in the middle of baseball outings myself, so I just love your layout! The rays are AWESOME!!! Perfect Americana I say! Thanks for showing us your wonderful work this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great and fabulous masculine project. Thanks for joining usat Brown Sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dawn,
    Just popping over to Congrat you on being the winner over at Charisma Cardz :) I wanted to come & see your page, which btw is wonderful. I love the colours & the layout. I know what you mean about the 'kids' not being so little anymore. I was only saying to my Daughter that I wish I could make her little again lol. Thank you so much for sharing. Hugz, Lisa.

    P.S Would love for you to come, visit & like :) Feel free to enter my design giveaway on Facebook.

    Dreamtime Designs: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamtimeDesigns
    Blog: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/DreamtimeDesigns - Free Giveaway
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DreamtimeDsigns
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LisaWDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout, thanks for shaeing it with us in the brown sugar challenge, karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really sensational layout! I love the bright blue and the chicken wire stencil. And your son was right - that red really makes it pop! Your letter stickers are the perfect font too! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us this month for the Memories challenge over at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! The blue is stunning and I love the use of the chicken wire stencil - Thanks so much for joining us this month at Our Creative Corner. Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete